Sunday, July 1, 2012

4th of July activities

Lake Michigan peace
Lake Michigan peace (Photo credit: kevin dooley)
The 4th of July is just a few days away, and I'm getting ready for all the great festivities. Here's what I have planned out:

Grilling: Always a must on the 4th, even if it's raining, hailing, snowing... maybe not tornado-ing. Lots of brats and burgers, probably a chicken marinade if I'm ambitious.

Beaching: Heading out to Lake Michigan to soak up some rays (hopefully) and enjoy the salt free lake. My dog absolutely loves the beach and will try and catch any frisbee football or even rock you throw. Just in general, everyone should be outside on the 4th if possible.

Fireworks: I usually try and put on my own little show the day before or after the 4th, but I'll be seeing some big fireworks the night of the 4th. Even if you don't like fireworks that much, it's a great thing to go out and do with family and friends.

Hope you have a great 4th, I know I will!

No comments:

Post a Comment